Topband: tool for install radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: tool for install radials
From: "Bill and Liz" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:30:56 -0500
I recall that Home Depot had a small walk-behind trencher for doing sprinkler lines. It rented for about $85 per day (this was 5 years or so ago) and I figured that I could do perhaps 40 radials 100+ ft in length in a full day as long as I did not run into rocks. The best deal turned out to be renting it from Friday evening until Sunday evening for $125. As it turned out, the store which had it stopped renting it a couple of weeks before I wanted it so I ended up laying the radials on the ground and scraping buckets of topsoil off the plowed field to cover them. I'm sure there are lots of places which rent small trenchers and vibrating plows for the DIY crowd. For those who might be interested in doing what I did and cover the wire with earth, it took about 5 cu yds of soil and a LOT of shovelling to cover 64 radials varying in length from 75 ft to 130 ft 2" deep and perhaps a foot wide.

Bill VE3NH