[TowerTalk] Towers & Trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Towers & Trees
From: w2up@itw.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:07:43 +0000

> > I do think that if I ever put up that kind of money into a tower, it will be
> > standing out in the open with no trees near any of it.
> > Lyn, W4WDN

Open fields have their downside too.  My house and tower are on what
was a cornfield. Every tree there I paid for. It's nice not hassling
with trees for the tower, but supporting wires is a problem. I run a
600 ft Beverage acorss an open field, attached to the tower on one end,
and a "weed tree" on the other. I use  10 ft PVC pipe sections to
support it along its length.

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club