[TowerTalk] Defective Rohn tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Defective Rohn tower
From: shane@eatel.net (Shane Dugas)
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 05:18:45 -0500 (CDT)
        Has anyone ever had an experienced a defective tower section.  I
purchased a BAS25G top section about a month ago and I finally got around to
messing with it yesterday when I realized that it was really out of square.
It's definately a defect from the factory.  I tried it on 4 different
sections of tower and I get the same results.  I put a square on the legs
and they are definatly not square with the top plate.  It doesn't have any
cross bracing so I can understand where it may be a  difficult piece to
build very accuratly.  This is a first for me as well as everyone else I've
talked to.  Every problem I've ever seen with legs not lining up was due to
a bent leg or crossbracing and I can't ever recall seeing a bad tower
section due to manufacturing errors.

Now all I've got to do is get it replaced.

KK5LC
Shane Dugas
Prairieville, LA
Shane@eatel.net