Re: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna ground loss

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna ground loss
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 08:50:19 +0000
Jim - the 20ft height of your vertical is obviously an advantage.

Lest anyone misunderstands me:  I'm not saying the dipole is always
better than the vertical - I'm trying to highlight the dangers of
looking at elevation plots in isolation. I already showed a couple of
examples where the lower "take-off angle" antenna has no advantage over
the higher "take-off angle" antenna for low-angle DX work.

And the reason I'm passionate about this ....... you guessed - it's
"bitten" me many times :)

73,
Steve G3TXQ