Re: [TowerTalk] Kohler home generator hash?

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Kohler home generator hash?
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 20:10:59 -0600
FWIW, we have a small General 14 kW NG air-cooled generator with a manual
transfer switch. It’s RF quiet at any frequency I can hear, from the BC band
through 450 MHz.

As an aside, we had trouble starting our air conditioner units with it (4 ton
and a 2 1/2 ton units). The start current requirements were well beyond what it
could reliably handle. But, last summer I installed some true soft-start
modules (made in Australia). The difference was staggering: I can now start
both units simultaneously without problem on generator power and lights no
longer dim when the units start on commercial power.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith