[VHFcontesting] Use of dipoles for 6meter Ragchew & Contesting...

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Use of dipoles for 6meter Ragchew & Contesting...
From: crawfish@surfmore.net (Crawfish)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:02 2003
A 30 meter dipole or inverted Vee is 5 wavelengths long per leg on 6 metres,
likewise 40 metres is 7 wavelengths per leg on 6. In addition to outside, I
would put up a 6m loop in the attic. I use one that is 59 inches on a side,
fed with 1/4 wave times velocity factor of RG-59/U. It loads up fine into 50
ohm cable on into the house.
                                                    73,
                                                    Joe W4AAB