[VHFcontesting] Re: Use of dipoles for 6meter Ragchew & Contesting...

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Use of dipoles for 6meter Ragchew & Contesting...
From: Cboone@earthlink.net (Cboone@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:02 2003
Jacob,
if you can get ahold of the current issue of QEX, there is an
excellent article in there on turnstiles...which you would
find much better use for general BS etc on six....no rotor,
360degree horiz coverage and if you stack them, GAIN!!

Check it out...the article has GREAT technical discussion as
to what is the best way to feed and match a turnstile...
and how to get the best pattern out of one for exactly what you
need....

(BTW a turnstile is basically two dipoles at 90deg to each other
fed to produce a horiz omni pattern...but the basic ones in the
Handbook are flawed as demonstrated in the article!!!)

BTW a 17Mtr dipole will work on 6 also....(a 1/4 on 17mtrs is a
3/4wave on 6...same principle as a 40mtr working on 15)

Chris
WB5ITT