[VHFcontesting] Use of dipoles for 6meter Ragchew & Contesting...

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Use of dipoles for 6meter Ragchew & Contesting...
From: ksjones@zoominternet.net (ksjones)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:02 2003
I Just recently put up a 6m dipole at about 25' or so.   Almost anything
works good when the band is open and have been able to work HP and P4 among
using a barefoot FT736R and this dipole.

I built mine exactly like any other and it seems ok.

Am planning on replacing it with a yagi of some sort shortly.

Although I have not yet done WSJT (its on my list), I think the dipole would
not provide enough gain/directivity to work well on this mode.

73 -  Scott, N3RA