[VHFcontesting] captive rovers = Red Herring

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] captive rovers = Red Herring
From: mcw1wjw9@optonline.net (Warren J. Walsh)
Date: Wed Jul 30 08:04:52 2003
At 07:06 AM 7/30/2003 -0400, Ev Tupis (W2EV) wrote:

>Maybe the thread could morph into a discussion of how "Captive Rover" is
>defined?
>
>Perhapse you would consider softening your position in this light?
>
>Kind regards,
>Ev Tupis, W2EV

Ev and the list,

I went to the list archive to see what Tree's original question was:

http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/vhfcontesting/2003-July/002684.html

 > What would the consensus be if a rover was found to have made 60
 > QSOs with only one station.  Would that be a problem?  Or maybe 36 QSOs?
 >
 > What if there were a number of cases like that with a single station?
 >
 > Tree K7RAT

I see mention from Tree of it being against the rule, and NO request for a
rule change.  Just a question to the list about if this WOULD be a problem
or not.  Since this original question was asked, it has been blown way out
of proportion.  We need to REALLY READ what people write before responding
(I am also guilty of this at times)!

73
Warren - K2BM