Re: [VHFcontesting] Insights to Consider

To: "VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Insights to Consider
From: "Michael A. Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:47:42 -0500 (CDT)
> Another thing to consider is the general problem of CC&R's and HOA's.
> Fewer and fewer hams are able to operate amateur radio stations (other
> than 2m HT's) at home, much less field a serious contest station.

Mike wrote

Sometimes its not possible to afford land and build a home / contest
station other than in a subdivision that is covered by CC&R's let alone
equip a contest station.  I'm in the process of buying land outside, way
outside of Houston just so I can escape CC&R's.  I'm fortunate that my
youngest graduates HS next year and that's when the push to make the move
gears up.

I've been waiting 8 years to get the last one out so I can persue my hobby
as opposed to their education.  Just another option to consider.

Mike Urich, KA5CVH
www.ka5cvh.com