[VHFcontesting] January VHF Contest Results

To: VHFContesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Contest Results
From: Bruce Herrick <bdh@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:56:35 -0600
Here's a new twist...

Today I looked at the results on the web for the January VHF contest.
We've all had our scores reduced at times and wondered just where we
screwed up.  Well, my score had INCREASED by 150 points!

It wasn't hard to figure out what had happened.  When I went through my
logs before submitting them I found that I had 3 dupes.  I eliminated
the dupes in scoring my log, but the League requests that you leave the
dupes in the log and they will calculate the correct score.  I did that,
and as a result, they included the dupes and increased my score to
account for it.

So much for their sophisticated log checking software.  Wanna increase
your score?  Just add in a bunch of dupes!

73,
Bruce WW1M