[WriteLog] KP4VP and WPX

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] KP4VP and WPX
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Tue Feb 11 11:17:21 2003
   From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
   Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 05:30:52 -0000

   C'mon guys, lighten up.

   *RTTY is an essential part of Writelog. RTTY-with-WL issues belong here.
   *Who you did or did not work in a given contest is not relevant to Writelog,
   as it does not impart any information regarding use of WL in contests, RTTY
   or not.

Garry's right, and as a RTTY contester who uses Writelog, just WL
related issues belong here.

But, there's a historical reason that RTTY operating related stuff
appears here, and that is that the WF1B RTTY list, being for a
RTTY-only contesting program, evolved into the general-purpose RTTY
list.  We have a list for RTTY operating issues now, and we have to
discipline ourselves to use the appropriate list.   I'm guilty, too,
in that I've responded to RTTY operating stuff here, and will try to
be a little more aware in the future.

73, doug