Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Questions

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Questions
From: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:22:34 -0600
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement to stick with the rttyrite scrolling.
I'll hang in there with you guys for sure.

Now, onto my "rigblaster" situation.

The thing that threw me, was that I had gotten everything working with MMTTY
stand-alone and it worked perfectly.  I figured I'd be all set with Writelog.
This proved to be a false assumption.

I have my Rigblaster set up on Com4.  I of course, set MMTTY for Com4 and it
worked just fine.

Writelog is normally set up to do PTT & computer generated CW on LPT1 through
my ZS4TX Super Combo Keyer.  (It also serves as my SO2R switching box and the
rs-232 interface for my ProII.)

I started rttyrite, and set the port for com4.  This is the problem.  This does
not make rttyrite do ptt on Com4.  What I had to do, is leave the settings for
LPT1 alone, and add that Com4 is a CW port in my Writelog port setup, and
contrary to my logic, have no port selected in Rttyrite.

It seems that all is well with the rigblaster after all, but I may "roll my
own" anyway to handle all of the variations for SSB hookups and to just use FSK.

73,
Bob N5NJ