Re: [Yaesu] FT890 strange behavior

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT890 strange behavior
From: Michael Tortorella <w2iy@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:09:42 -0500 (CDT)
Hi everyone, just wanted to report back about this subject. It's definitely
caused by RF getting into the PS. As I am on vacation, I have limited resources
to deal with this but I have found that changing the position of the supply wrt
the radio changes the behavior, and so far i have been able to find a position
for the PS that allows me to work all the bands 40 thru 10. Thanks again to
everyone who offered suggestions. When I get back home I will follow up on
these.
73
Mike
PS - any opinions on the FT-1000D out there? I am liking the 890 so much I
started thinking about a 1000D for home use.