[AMPS] Edge wound .1-40 uH Variable from SSN - comments-?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Edge wound .1-40 uH Variable from SSN - comments-?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:57:17 -0500

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:14:47 +0100 Carsten Esch
<carsten.esch@olympus-software.com> writes:

>Anyone with comments on the above mentioned inductor? How would this
>thing work in a
>
>a. 3CX1500A7 amp
>b. 3CX3000A7 amp
>
>covering 160-10m ? Or should I wound again my own coil?

It sounds great but the proof is when it is used and survives several
years of tuning. It also seems a bit of an overkill for an 8877.
Many have reported problems with arcing and parasitics when a roller coil
is used, particularly the large edgewound Multronics style.

Any idea who actually manufacturers the coil? I hope it is not a certain
West Coast outfit.
What is the price?

73  Carl  KM1H

>Regards,
>
>Carsten, DL6LAU
>
>­ 2-10 kw Power Handling ­
>­ Taper Wound Front End ­
>­ Edge Wound Coil All Silver Plated ­
>
>(IRV)RI-40: It's here at last! The ultimate variable inductor. Isn't
>your tuner or amplifier project worth the very best? Made exclusively
>for Surplus Sales of Nebraska.
>
>.1-40 uH variable edge wound inductor. Taper wound lower end (higher
>Q)
>for better results beyond 20 MHz. Enough inductance for work below 160
>meters too. All rf surfaces are thick silver plated. Quad 10 amp
>contact sets on all rotating connections; coil to rotar; rotor to
>shaft
>armature; shaft armature to end
>plate contacts. There are no weak links with our mil-spec design.
>
>Perfect for 2-10 kw antenna tuners, tank network for amplifier or
>anywhere a larger, high Q, variable inductance is required. Be sure to
>use our Turns Counter (SHW)TCV.
>
>5" wide, 5-1/4" high, 12-1/2" end to end, maximum dimensions. 1/4"
>shaft. Optional end stop kit for motor drive schemes. Add $ for kit,
>pn
>(IRV)RI-40ESK.
>
>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]