[AMPS] 3/2 power law and Rich's very wide signal

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3/2 power law and Rich's very wide signal
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 01:12:24 -0700

To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Date: 28 March 2000 13:17
>Subject: Re: [AMPS] 3/2 power law and Rich's very wide signal
>

>>Agreed.   Do you feel that a typical screen bypass C can be fully charged
>>in 100uS in a DAF amp.? This is the real issue here.
>
>Now that we are charging the capacitor, why do you think that it cannot?
>
>What is a reasonable value for the source impedance of the rectifier.

It seems you should be asking what is the total source Z?  //  I ask why
are we charging and discharging the screen bypass cap. in the first
place?  It makes better engineering sense to charge the cap. to the
needed potential and keep it there.  Cutting the tube off is clearly a
job for an Electronic Grid Bias Switch.  (Figure 4 on my Web site).

> What
>is the time constant with 2000pF of screen capacitor? I'd reckon on 2us or
>thereabouts. Is 50 timeconstants long enough to charge a capacitor?

 sounds somewhat reverse-engineered .

later, Steve

end