[AMPS] ssr's in qro amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ssr's in qro amps
From: RMcGraw@BLomand.Net (Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:33:13 -0700
Gee, it seems that someone needs to get a understanding regarding SAFETY
and transmitter issues.  FYI my VHF amp idles in receive at 4.2Kv with a
PSU capable of 1.5A CCS.  They don't use that much juice in Old Sparkey
at the state prison.

Folks, take heed.  Voltage anywhere can be fatal.  The old S-28 receiver
I have has 400 VDC floating around inside in receive.

Be safe.  Know where you're poking before you poke.  From broadcast
transmitter experience, one hand in the pocket is best.

73
Bob K4TAX