[AMPS] ssr's in qro amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ssr's in qro amps
From: w7iuv@nis4u.com (Larry Molitor)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 03:53:48 +0100
At 09:33 PM 6/26/00 -0700, Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX wrote:
>Gee, it seems that someone needs to get a understanding regarding SAFETY
>and transmitter issues.  FYI my VHF amp idles in receive at 4.2Kv with a
>PSU capable of 1.5A CCS.  They don't use that much juice in Old Sparkey
>at the state prison.
>
>Folks, take heed.  Voltage anywhere can be fatal.  The old S-28 receiver
>I have has 400 VDC floating around inside in receive.
>
>Be safe.  Know where you're poking before you poke.  From broadcast
>transmitter experience, one hand in the pocket is best.
>
>73
>Bob K4TAX

Mistakes happen. Few folks knowingly grab hold of "old sparky".

It is surprising to me that people can preach "Safety" and then berate me
for going the extra mile to make my station as safe as I know how. Perhaps
a person does not really understand high voltage safety issues until he's
had a taste of "old sparky". I know I can make a mistake and I really want
to minimize the consequences. 40 some odd years ago a good shock was
"tiptoe through the tulips", these days it's more like "pushin' up daisy's".

Forgive me for not being one of the friggin' infallible god-like creatures
who inhabit this list.

73,

Larry - W7IUV