[AMPS] Hi Power Connectors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Hi Power Connectors
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:16:51 +0100
I don't know any serious manufacturer of professional equipment that
uses PL259 in something UHF that has been designed in the last 20 Years.
For example, even solid state 1Kw HF amplifiers by Motorola (and other
military suppliers) already used N connectors since eighties.
On my knowdlegde, it's a long time that PL259 is not any more qualified
for any of the adopted standards, not only mil spec.
Of course, anyone can develop his own standard if he trust it, but
hardly will sell products to customers that require qualified ones to
insure some reliability degree.

73,
Mauri I4JMY