[Amps] 10 Meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 10 Meters
From: MWapner@Vetronix.com (Mike Wapner)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:08:25 -0800
The new vehicle voltage standard is 42V.  This is already implemented on
some vehicles in Europe (significantly higher emphasis on diesel) and is
expected to be on some U.S. domestic vehicles as early as C/Y 2004.  BMW is
expected to have 2004 M/Y vehicles in the U.S. with 42V.  GM/F/DC were
targeting M/Y 2005, but haven't heard anything lately.  All of this is
driven by more on-board vehicle electronics, requiring higher 12V current.
73, Mike-K6QD