[Amps] hv resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] hv resistors
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 04:53:20 -0700
>> I guess I'll go with a string of 500 volt 5% units at 5 cents each and
>> put in a pot at the bottom of the string to dial it in.
>>

>I'd just order some new 50 cent HV rated resistors and place them in
>series.

[]  Good advice.  Mouser has 1M-ohm, 2W resistors that will apparently
handle 1400WV and they are c. 30-cents each.
Also, Vishay/Dale at
http://www.vishay.com/products/resistors/main.html#fl
has individual resistors that will handle 15kV with ease in values up to
1G-ohm.  A list of distributors is furnished.

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end