[Amps] hv resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] hv resistors
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:42:51 -0400
> I haven't found 1 kv 1% resistors at Allied, Newark, Mouser, Vishay,
> or Dale.  Of course, thirty 500v units that at $.05 each is still
> cheaper than fifteen $.50 1kv units.

IRC GS-3 series are high reliability temperature stable 1000 volt
devices that give excellent life and reliability in HV multipliers,
and they manufacture even larger 1% HV resistors.

Regular cheap carbons will drift with life and temperature, and also
have a high failure rate over time.73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com