[Amps] RMS-PEP & 2x8877

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RMS-PEP & 2x8877
From: Joseph DiPietro" <n2uf@joeham.net (Joseph DiPietro)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:11:39 -0500
The RMS power of an RF signal is a mathamatical approximation of the
equivilant amount of DC power.

For example, if an RF signal were to dissapate in a resistive load then the
RMS value of that signal would model the amount of DC power needed to cause
the same amount of heating in the load.

I don't quite understand what PEP is supposed to be but according to
http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/fs-1037/dir-027/_3903.htm
peak envelope power (of a radio transmitter) [PEP, pX, PX]: The average
power supplied to the antenna transmission line by a transmitter during one
radio frequency cycle at the crest of the modulation envelope taken under
normal operating conditions. [NTIA] [RR] (188)

JoeD
N2UF