[Amps] Re: neon tranny & HV diodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: neon tranny & HV diodes
From: mandolinist at ameritech.net (Gary Smith)
Date: Sun Mar 16 13:51:32 2003
Thank you all for the replies to my question on reading the HV voltage using my
multimeter. For accuracy's sake & future use I think the suggestion of
obtaining a HV
probe would be the best choice.

I truly appreciate the words of advice in regards to high voltage & the use of
the neon
transformer to supply voltage for this electrostatic filter experiment. My
plans are to
make a fairly large enclosure for the elements and have a small computer fan to
help
move the air. I'm going to make the collector of 1/2" copper pipe and use
copper
"T's" & elbows to make it a large surface area collector & easy to remove as a
unit &
wash. All will be supported by ceramic stand-offs & a safety interlock will be
installed
for extra safety.

It's funny but nowhere in my internet search did I find the plans to make an
electrostatic filter. It'll be interesting discovering the answer for myself.

Thanks again to all who replied.

73,

Gary
KA1J