[Amps] Question about ampifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Question about ampifiers
From: gmguerin at voyager.net (George & Marijke Guerin)
Date: Mon Apr 14 08:20:54 2003
Gentlemen:

The Y connection is probably designed for 220 across two poles with a single
leg to ground of 127 VAC, similar to Curacao.  It works fine on amplifiers,
and some of the locals and contesters use 10% step down transformers to
power their 120 VAC transceivers, not having a 220 tap, to a supply voltage
of 110 - 115 VAC for better safety.

73        George        K8GG