Re: [Amps] Tuned power transformer

To: "Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tuned power transformer
From: Angel Vilaseca <avilaseca@bluewin.ch>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:24:00 +0200
Hello Ian,

What is a power factor correction? What is its purpose?

While looking for info about constant-voltage transformers I found a
thread
on this same mailing list dated May 2003. It said that classically, a
ferro-resonant transformer has a separate winding with a capacitor
across
it. The "bucking" winding as KA1XO said. However, the xformer I am
trying to
investigate has no separate "bucking" winding. The capacitor is wired
directly across the primary winding. It is a
500 V, 10 uF oil filled cap.

So I still do not know if I what I have is a ferro-resonant Xformer. I
will
check for air gaps, magnetic chokes and winding resistance.

Many thanks to all who answered my questions
and Vy 73 de Angel Vilaseca HB9SLV