Re: [Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM service

To: "Joe Isabella" <n3ji@yahoo.com>, "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM service
From: "Frank Mayer" <domino@worldlynx.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:44:56 -0400
Having bass that extends well below 100hz will cause a SSB signal to be wide by
 modulating too close to the carrier point, crossing over onto the other
sideband, and virtually turning into a DSB signal  If you don't believe this
just try tuning a "hi-fi" guy in on using the AM mode.  The signal will be 100%
intelligible!!  You can even hear the carrier when you tune across one of these
signals.  Plus the fact when one tries to force over 10db of extra energy at
very low or very high frequencies the IMD is terrific and that also contributes
to the width of the signal.

WY3D