Re: [Amps] AM

To: "Joe Isabella" <n3ji@yahoo.com>, "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>,"Bill Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AM
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 06:01:00 -0700
What next, spark transmitters?

Perhaps we can wait until BPL is fully implemented.  In that case, just
discussing the matter on the Amps will increase the noise on the radio
spectrum.

One of the unmentioned problem with BPL is that when the power goes out, you
will lose access to the internet, making the UPS less needed.  The second
problem is that all of the lightning and other glitches on the power line
will now get into the data input of the computer.

I guess I am digressing - but this topic seems to be a digression.

Colin  K7FM

---