Re: [Amps] 10dB and propagation

To: gdaught6@stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [Amps] 10dB and propagation
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:25:50 +0000
gdaught6@stanford.edu wrote:

On 7 Feb 2005 at 23:32, David Kirkby wrote: (paraphrasing another)

Your article says radio waves don't propagate by reflection,

What? I guess we'd better trash our Yagis and quads and dishes, eh?

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT

You have quoted me a bit out of context there, as I was refering to the the subject of the article by K3BU, which is propogation via the ionosphere. But I admit it would have been more correct of me to say:

"VE3BMV (K3BU)'s article says radio waves don't propagate via the ionosphere by a process of reflection"

I applogise for any confusion caused by that. Anyway, take a look at the article.

http://members.aol.com/ve3bmv/bmvpropagation.htm

I enjoyed it almost as much as this one:

http://www.g8wrb.org/useful-stuff/audiophools.pdf

--
Dr. David Kirkby, G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/ of if you live in Essex http://www.southminster-branch-line.org.uk/