Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: Shipping Damage

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: Shipping Damage
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:41:41 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
 William,

Well the below covers it;

" (including, but not limited to, improper,
inadequate or unsafe packaging or wrapping that fails to meet UPS's
published standards related thereto set forth in the UPS Tariff or
elsewhere)"

If the package is determined to be packed properly by the people running the
UPS receiving desk, after you pay your insurance fee, they'd then be liable.
Since these standards are what the receiving personell look for before
taking it in to ship. I've had to repack some items so they would cover it,
and they've repacked some for me.

About 6 months back, a friend sent in a heavy power supply for repair. The
transformer which was really heavy (25 lb +), was mounted on top of a sheet
metal chassis pan of about 20 ga. mild steel. When it was originally made,
that was the way it was shipped. During shipment to me, it was dropped, or
had to be dropped. The transformer caved in the chassis on the one side,
just smashing it flat. It was reported, UPS called me, and he was paid
within a month. They inspected it before shipment at a UPS hub. I only go
direct to UPS and not others like drop-off places or the so-called package
and ship places. If they see it and okay the packaging, they'll back it up.
I've not had any problems about getting payment.

Best,

Will