Re: [Amps] MLA-2500B Question

To: Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MLA-2500B Question
From: Mark Hill <g4fph@mjha.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:13:44 +0100
Folks,

Cutting the manufacturers' some slack for penny-pinching (I must be feeling
generous tonight!) isn't it merely that the practice (era) of not including
tuned input was more likely based on an attempted application of KISS based
on the assumption of a valve output stage and Pi-tank in the exciter?

Regards.

Mark.

------------------------------------
At 20:42 29/03/2005, you wrote:
>Gary,
>
>That's the whole point. An amateur amp ought to be designed so it gets
>maximum power transfer too! It's kinda bad that the 11 meter guys did it
>and a lot of amateur amp manufacturers were too tight to do it. One thing,
>this cant be said about Heathkit, they did add them and a very few others.
>
>Best,
>
>Wil

>On 3/29/05 at 11:26 AM Gary Schafer wrote:
>
> >I don't think most 11 meter amp manufacturers are to concerned about
> >inter mod. The tuned circuit is there to transfer maximum power from the
> >50 ohm radio.
> >
> >73
> >Gary  K4FMX
> >

> >Will Matney wrote:
> >> Tony,
> >>
> >> Even the old 10-11 meter sweep tube amps had a tuned input, or at least
> >the better ones of them. They even knew it was better than not having any
> >at all. Most of those used a tuned transformer feeding either the
> >cathode(s) or the grid(s). Same thing applies to any amp IMHO.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Will

Mark Hill - G4FPH
E-mail: g4fph@mjha.co.uk
Current web pages at: www.qsl.net/g4fph
Old web pages at: www.g4fph.freeserve.co.uk
Dipoles resonant on 1942/3695/7065 kHz
2 ele delta loop beam resonant on 14180 kHz
Remember - SIDE for HV safety:
S witch off
I solate
D ump