Re: [Amps] eBay

To: "Osten B Magnusson" <sm5dqc@areteadsl.se>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] eBay
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 06:38:11 -0700
Question: What happens if I see, as an example, a tranceiver worth 500
dollars, current bid is 100 dollars and I bid 9999 dollars? I will get it
for 101 dollars or are there any special rules?

Answer:  Well, maybe.  There are some unscrupulous sellers out there that
will bid up an item to try to suck as much as possible from you, so there
would be a danger in doing as you describe, although in theory that is how
it works.

You should not bid more than you are reasonably willing to pay for an item.

73,  Colin  K7FM