Re: [Amps] eBay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] eBay
From: Tony King - W4ZT <amps@w4zt.com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 09:51:41 -0400
The high bid will be pushed up by your bid to the minimum bid increment
over the last highest bid.  Should you place this bid early and someone
keeps bidding it up, your bid is incremented automatically up to your
maximum. You could end up paying $9,999 for something worth $500.  It
has nothing to do with worth but everything to do with what you bid. It
is wise to never bid more than you are willing to pay for a particular
item. In your example, if you had bid $501 and other bidders only bid up
to $325, your bid would be incremented up to the minimum above $325
which might be $327.50. If it goes no higher, you win with that bid, not
your $501.

73, Tony W4ZT