Re: [Amps] Tetrodes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tetrodes
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:32:00 +0100
Dan K9ZF wrote:
> Michael J. Tubby G8TIC wrote:
>

>>I'm talking of 25+ years ago here... a UK design known as the "plumber's
>>delight"
>>which was basically a push-pull pair much like the W1SL except the anode
>>design
>>was in 2" copper tube....
>>

> That sounds interesting.  I'm familiar with the W1SL, is this
> "variation" written up anywhere? If it's been published or on the web I
> would like to see it.
I have three articles that match Mike's description:
One was in the ARRL handbook, probably around the early 70s,
another in 60s/70s versions of the RSGB VHF/UHF manual, and
a third from Short Wave Magazine in 1973. I'll gladly scan
them for anyone interested.

I also had great success with the  W2GN 'stripline kilowatt'
design, which had the tubes in parallel.

Steve