Re: [Amps] Question about safety ground connection

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Question about safety ground connection
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:12:53 -0500
Mike,

Although it's not mandatory, it a real good thing to do. When I worked as an
industrial electrician, a lot of times we had to work on live circuits as the
main just could not be shut off over shutting the plant down, or a whole
operation. I burnt up a few pairs of dikes over someone using a white as a hot,
then I cut into them. Also, it would be easy for someone to be leaning against
a grounded enclosure, and tip a white wire that's hot, thinking it's a neutral
thus getting electrocuted. Really dangerous! I always carried a wiggy and
checked the wires, but somethimes I have forgot too.

Best,

Will