Re: [Amps] confused reading amidon ferrite specs?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] confused reading amidon ferrite specs?
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:16:58 -0500
Dan,

For 2-30 MHz, the guy a Palomar Engineers said to use 61 in place of 43. Their
literature says to look at the frequency spec of each transformer (which is for
narrow band types), and for broadband types, the upper frequency can be
multiplied by X10 if I recall. The lower frequency though needs to be kept was
the way I read it. Palomar buys direct from Amidon also. In designing the
transformers, an inductive reactance of at least 200 ohms should be met, and
make sure the flux density is below the knee on it's BH curve which is the
linear region. Maximum Permeability is reached just above the start of the knee
on the curve from the bottom.

Best,

Will