Re: [Amps] confused reading amidon ferrite specs?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] confused reading amidon ferrite specs?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:35:35 -0600
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 07:24:09 -0800, Dan Sawyer wrote:

>I have to say I am very confused reading Amidon ferrite core specs.

You have good reason to be confused. Do two things.

1) Go to the source -- www.fair-rite.com  and download their
catalog. They actually make the parts that Amidon sells.

2) Go to my website and download the tutorial I wrote on ferrites
for suppression. It will help you understand them better. It
includes some excellent measured data on coils wound on #61 toroids.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/publish

73,

Jim Brown K9YC