[Amps] off topic -- books recommended

To: chris@yipyap.com
Subject: [Amps] off topic -- books recommended
From: Chris Howard <chris@yipyap.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:10:04 -0700
This is off topic...  but maybe not too
offensive in that department.

I received some gift certificates for the ARRL recently.
I'm looking at their technical books.

Do you all have any you particularly find useful?

I have $$ enough to get two of the moderately priced, or
one of the hefty ones.  And I already have the 2006 ARRL Handbook.
I think I'm looking for a "learning" book, not necessarily a reference.
And reprints/compilations of QST/QEX articles really don't do much
for me.  I feel like I already have enough unfinished projects without
getting a bunch more.

In order of interest (so far) I'm looking at:

Experimental Methods in RF Design
-- by Wes Hayward, W7ZOI, Rick Campbell, KK7B, and Bob Larkin, W7PUA

Practical Radio Frequency Test & Measurement
-- A Technician's Handbook
by Joseph J. Carr.

ARRL Antenna Book

These also look interesting...

Instruments of Amplification
-- Fun With Homemade Tubes, Transistors, and More

Radio Receiver Design
-- by Kevin McClaning and Tom Vito

RF Components and Circuits
-- by Joe Carr

RSGB Radio Communication Handbook
-- 8th Edition

Communications Receivers
-- DSP, Software Radios, and Design
by Ulrich L. Rohde, KA2WEU/DJ2LR and Jerry C. Whitaker