Re: [Amps] Quad Tube 4cx800 hf amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Quad Tube 4cx800 hf amp
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 07:19:11 +0200
The tubes will do fine with 2.6KV but the problem will be to get the tubes
matched to a quad, those tubes vary quite a bit.
I needed 8 tubes to find 2 almost equal.
To raise the C1 capacitance I would raise the circuit Q to 15 then it will
be no problem with the harmonics, but Pi-L at 490 Ohms needs C1 of about
80pf at Q=12, which should be no problem either.

73
Peter