Re: [Amps] Ameritron Amps

To: "mike kendall" <ke6cvh@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron Amps
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:27:04 -0400
>    I wish my buddy's Ameritron and my own first Ameritron
> had caps that were working until we were 6ft under.  In my
> buddy's case, the caps failed 4 times before the factory
> got it working again before failing quickly.
>  73,
>  Mike

The factory should have been smart enough to tell your buddy
to check the resistors first Mike. That's their fault.

The best capacitor in the world would have failed the same
way with bad resistors. Don't blame the capacitor when
everyone else (including your buddy and whoever was helping
him) didn't do what common trouble shooting sense dictates.

73 Tom