Re: [Amps] Grid Vs cathode drive

To: 'Tom W8JI' <w8ji@w8ji.com>, g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk,amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grid Vs cathode drive
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 14:54:57 -0700
>I think the thing that stops QRP rigs is the fact most
people don't enjoy intentionally making other people
miserable.<

::I do this demo quite frequently (easier on SSB than on CW, 'cause it's
easier to explain):

"Oh, you're running 5 Watts?  Cool, I hear you just fine.  I'm going to drop
my power to 5 Watts now, too, so you can hear me just like I hear you!  Here
goes....

...okay, now I'm at 5 Watts, too.  How copy, Joe?"

"Ummmm, what did you say at the end there, Steve?  You dropped into the
noise.  Say again?"

Demo over.

WB2WIK/6