Re: [Amps] Grid Vs cathode drive

To: BIRCHWAY@aol.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grid Vs cathode drive
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 23:45:23 -0400
Bob,

The company in question made some customs that I know did. The standard line
were only 10 meter "transmitters". They contained an oscillator and were for
CW, etc.
They were converted by taking out the oscillator board and tapping the tank
coil.
They could be used on either AM or SSB. That was when the FCC was really hot
on the manufacturers. At the end, they didn't bother them, and everything that
went
out the door was amps made to work out of the box pretty much. The end came
when GE Owensboro was sold out to Richardsons. Two guys who worked there
bought what was left and are still in business today. They're using regular
transmitting
tubes now. That's about all I can say on it.

Best,

Will