Re: [Amps] GS-35B on 6 meters

To: dezrat@copper.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35B on 6 meters
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 23:54:24 -0400
Bill,

One trick I seen was to use some large external snap rings. They got
some the same size of the tubes heat fins O.D. A quick opening with
the pliars, and they slid tight on the tube. The supressor leads were
attached to it. I'd say a person could do that with small ones on the
anode cap. Another way I seen, and I like, is to use large fuse clips.
Several places sell them that will hold about a 1/2" to 3/4" diameter.
Just snap them over the anode cap, and solder to them where the rivet
hole is on the back. I used to use the small 1/4" ones on the 6KG6A
sweep tubes. They fit the EL-509 too. I think the smaller steel tubes
have a 5/8" anode cap which they make clips in that size.

Best,

Will