Re: [Amps] GS-35B on 6 meters

To: larry@w7iuv.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35B on 6 meters
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:25:41 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/2006 1:08:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
larry@w7iuv.com writes:

What  kind of gain can I reasonably expect from a GS-35B on 6 meters at
anode  voltages less then 4 KV? The info I have found on the web is
sketchy and  inconsistant. Most builders seem to avoid the issue of gain.
I have a  number of options for the tube(s) in this amp project and am
having a hard  time deciding which to build.

73, Larry

Larry, at anode V of about 3600V with 100 watts drive you will get a  maximum
of about 1600 watts.  Tubes vary but that is pretty much it.   DON'T expect a
GS-35B to do what an 8877 will with the same drive levels.   Since the GS-35B
will take 1.2A anode Ip you can drive it with more than 100  watts and that
1600 watts will increase, but if only 100 watts drive is  available bank on
1600 watts appx. with EVERYTHING being tweaked to  perfection.

Good Luck 73 Lou