Re: [Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag

To: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>, <AMPS@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag
From: "Mike Sawyer" <w3slk@uplink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:07:00 -0400
Snip> I didn't need *any* suppressor. In your case you did. It would be
beneficial if you had figured out WHY.
73, John WA4TT

    John,
    That's a good point. As a member of the "design team", (I say that
tongue in cheek), that they were installed as a preventative measure. The
plans were copied from 'tried-and-true' designs. It would have been great to
have access to the different network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and
other 'hi-tech' test equipment but it simply wasn't available. I remember a
term applied to things we could not explain with the tools at our disposal:
PFM. Even though we firmly knew that somewhere there was a logical
explanation.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK