Re: [Amps] CB amp directly coupled via cap to antenna

To: "dezrat1242@yahoo.com" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] CB amp directly coupled via cap to antenna
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 19:26:39 -0400
The q of a halfwave dipole is about 10. Due to losses in a mobile mounted
vertical the Q will be much less due to radiation resistance and ground losses
due to the poor coupling to ground. However, the antenna is also resonant to
odd harmonics. This makes it an effective radiator on other frequencies which
is not desirable.

73
Bill wa4lav