Re: [Amps] 30M noise problem (OT?)

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 30M noise problem (OT?)
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:44:02 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:06:00 -0700, jerome schatten <romers@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>If you care to have a look, there are three spectrum scope photos of my
>30M noise along with some verbiage that describes the situation.

REPLY:

Many years ago I had a similar problem, noise which repeated every 60
kHz or so, stronger on some bands than others. Long story short - it
turned out to be a battery charger for a neighbor's golf cart, about
100 yards from my house.

I used a hand held shortwave radio and just walked around the
neighborhood till it peaked at one house. The manufacturer of the golf
cart was very cooperative, having had numerous complaints and the
problem was easily fixed.  Good luck!

73, Bill W6WRT