Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 93, Issue 16

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 93, Issue 16
From: "David Cutter" <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:39:25 +0100
Make a simple plastic cap to fit over the EHT coax connector with a shaped
lug to operate a microswitch inside the cabinet. When rotated and held in a
keyway the microswitch is operated and EHT supplies are enabled via your
start-up relays.  (It could be an opto switch).   By the time you've rotated
the cap and slid it back down the EHT coax to get at the connector, the
bleeder should have taken the supply to a *safe* level.   Electrical cabinet
switches which allow you to open the door only after disengaging the supply
are a similar situation.

David
G3UNA