Re: [Amps] Peter Dahl transformers

To: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Peter Dahl transformers
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 19:47:25 -0500
I dont consider ham RTTY contesting nor old buzzard AM linear transmissions true CCS. RTTY doesnt interest me and has never been used.

A HB Class C AM amp and modulator here uses Gates 1000W carrier iron thruout and casual use at that level doesnt even faze it and helps hold the house down.

I do a fair amount of AM with a LK-500ZC/TS-950SD combo and the external Dahl is listed in ads as 1.7A CCS since it is a dual voltage and used for the LK-500/550/800/780 family. It never gets above room temperature at about 400W carrier.

OTOH when I test a LK-800 with 3CPX tubes on the HV tap (2850V full bore) on AM it does warm up a bit at a 1000W carrier and after an evening of yakking but still far from uncomfortable. It certainly gets thru slopbuckets trying to enroach!

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>