Re: [Amps] Look at this Custom 10kW Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Look at this Custom 10kW Amp
From: "Don Jones" <ko7i@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:58:44 -0700
What?s wrong with a 500hp Corvette? Well unless you?re a fan of the Prius.

People have drove 80+ in 60 mph speed zones for years, and in the same way
this is true on the ham bands ? like it or not. These people live stupid and
they die stupid.

Technically I have my doubts about the 10kV Jennings caps, I doubt they
would hold up and not arc with B+ = 7kVdc at full load. 20kV would be a more
appropriate rating at this level, 25kv would be better.

My guess is that this guy?s joy ride will be short lived, especially if he
uses something less than ¾? heliax and 7/16 DIN connectors thru out his
system.

Vy 73, Don KO7i

Message: 6